HSBC Checking Account
|HSBC has different types of checking accounts to offer to its personal and business banking customers who want different benefits to suit them the most. The bank understands the idea and hence offers customized and different products for both categories so as to serve them the best in the sector.
HSBC Checking Account Products
Whatever your banking needs is, HSBC checking accounts are there to suit you for sure and it offers a numerous choice to its customers to get them one suited them the most. Various personal checking accounts available with HSBC USA are listed here with their benefits and features:
1. Premier Checking: This is the premier account which provides all the banking services to account holders in more than 40 countries where they can access their HSBC premier account. Various benefits of this checking account are:
a. HSBC Premier Debit MasterCard.
b. Personal Internet Banking.
c. Online Bill Pay.
d. Free HSBC ATM access and monthly rebates on non-HSBC ATM third party surcharge fees for transactions completed in the US outside NY State.
e. Access to Global View and Global Transfers.
2. Plus Checking: With this account, customers get a relationship checking account with outstanding features like:
- Free Internet Banking.
- Enjoy online bill pay and eStatement Services for no monthly fees.
- HSBC Debit MasterCard without any service or transaction fees on purchases.
- No fees at HSBC ATMs when customers access their PLUS account and monthly rebates of up to three non-HSBC ATM third party surcharge fees for transactions completed outside NY State.
- No monthly maintenance fees when a minimum balance of $15,000 is maintained in qualifying HSBC accounts.
- Earn a competitive interest rate on an HSBC premium Money Market Plus Savings Account with no monthly maintenance fee.
3. Choice Checking: With this new account from HSBC, customers get a checking account which provides value and convenience with numerous features as listed below:
- Periodic CD bonus rates.
- Home Equity Discounts.
- Free orders of selected styles of paper checks.
- Optional overdraft protection.
- 50% discount on HSBC international services.
1. Maintain at least $1,500 in combined monthly personal deposit and investment balances.
- Personal Internet Banking, Online Bill Pay and eStatements service free of cost.
- Discounts on Personal Loan.
- Competitive interest rates with Premium Money Market Plus Savings account with no monthly maintenance fee.
- Optional overdraft protection.
- Also the monthly maintenance fee of $8 can be avoided in not one but any of the following three ways:
2. Maintain at least $5,000 in total combined monthly balances, including personal deposit, investment and qualifying credit balances.
3. No monthly maintenance fees with Direct Deposit.
4. Basic Banking: For customers who write only a few checks in a month or want to keep a small checking balance, HSBC offers them with Basic Banking Checking account which has following features:
Apart from Personal Business Products for checking accounts, HSBC also offers customized products for Business checking which are meant to suit every business or organization irrespective of its size. The various Business Checking Products are listed here:
- No minimum balance required.
- Monthly maintenance fee as low as $3 per month.
- Free processing of up to 8 checks/withdrawal slips per month after which a charge of $0.35 is charged per check or withdrawal slip.
- HSBC Debit MasterCard or ATM Card.
- Free Personal Internet Banking which comes with Optional Bill Pay.
- Overdraft Protection.
- Automatic Transfers and Payments.
- Direct Deposit.
- Combined Statements.
5. Business Direct from HSBC: It is the newest banking solutions offered by HSBC specially designed for business owners who work long hours and appreciate banking with more flexibility – without any additional cost. Various features included in this account are:
6. ExtraVantage Checking for Business: This is a part of HSBC BusinessSmart and is offering a number of benefits and services like:
- Online account opening eradicates the need of branch visit.
- One can be free of maintaining balance in account as this account does not have any minimum balance requirement.
- There is no monthly maintenance fee on this account.
- Get 10 free wire transfers per month (5 incoming, 5 outgoing).
- Enjoy unlimited monthly transactions at HSBC ATMs.
- No fees being levied by the bank on use of non-HSBC ATMs.
- Dedicated customer service line.
- Business Internet Banking with free option Bill Pay service.
- MasterCard Business Card with 0% intro APR.
- Get various discounts on products and services like Merchant Services.
7. Analyzed Checking: This account from HSBC is meant for those who love to get more for their money and want to gain faster access to their accounts where the average balance determines the amount of credit one receives to decrease the monthly charge. Various features of this account are:
- Get 750 free monthly transactions.
- Free Business Internet Banking services with optional Online Bill Pay service.
- Free first order of Business Style Checks.
- Free power-packed HSBC Debit MasterCard BusinessCard.
- MasterCard BusinessCard Card with a introductory offer of 0% APR.
- Deposit funds without leaving business premises using Remote Deposit Capture.
- Avoid month fee by maintaining $25,000 business deposit balance.
- Dedicated Business Banking Specialist.
8. BusinessSmart for Professionals: This account is specially designed for professional and comes with following features and benefits:
- Improved Cash Management.
- Lower Borrowing Costs.
- Easier budgeting.
- Timely account information.
- Deposit funds without leaving your work with help of Remote Deposit Capture.
- Greater financial control-especially for companies with multiple locations.
9. BusinessNow: This HSBC checking account is designed for businesses with low transaction amounts. It is ideal for Sole Proprietors and No-for-Profit Organizations. Its various benefits are:
- Line of Credit as low as Prime + 1.25% with auto deduct from an HSBC business checking account.
- Free monthly transactions.
- Next business day availability on local checks keeps account holders' cash flowing.
- NO HSBC access fees when you use third party ATMs.
- Free Business Value Group package that includes checks and endorsement stamp.
- Dedicated Professional Service Line for assistance.
- Free Online Banking and Bill Pay.
- No application fee for Merchant Services.
- 0% introductory APR for the first 6 months on HSBC MasterCard BusinessCard with no annual fees.
- Deposit funds from your place using Remote Deposit Capture.
- Avail 50% discount on small safe deposit box Rental fee.
- Exclusive bonus rates on Certificate of Deposits.
- No issuance fees for US Dollar Drafts, Money Orders and Travelers Cheques.
- Free insurance and Retirement Consultation.
- Free HSBC Debit MasterCard BusinessCard.
- Timely account information.
- 24/7 Dedicated Service Line.
- Earn interest if you are a Sole Proprietor or Not-for-Profit Organization.
HSBC Checking Account Login
Customers can avail benefits of online facilities from HSBC with their checking accounts. They can login with their username and password to get access to an array of services like bill pay, check balance, funds transfers etc. For activities like funds transfer, customers need to have the routing number of the branches which they can get from the official website of the balance or from their check book.
One can also check HSBC Routing numbers list on our dedicated page.
HSBC Checking Account Customer Service
As in all other services, HSBC has dedicated customer service for its checking account customers as well. If customers have any enquiry, need more information, want to check their application status, lodge complaints, or need any other assistance; they can call the dedicated customer service phone numbers for the HSBC checking accounts. They can also check FAQ to know how to close accounts and how to apply for student or joint accounts with HSBC. Going through various forums, one can easily find reviews and deals if any as part of promotions run by HSBC.
General Customer Service Number: 1-800-975-4722
For Premier Customers: 1-888-662-4722
For Business Customers: 1-877-472-2249
Last Updated On: 2012/05/03