CIMB Debit Card
|CIMB Debit Card has made the life of the Malaysians easier as it helps the customers to enjoy cashless payment directly from their current/ savings account, at any merchant, within the MEPS or MasterCard network. It serves the function of both Debit Card and ATM Card as it can be used for making withdrawals, deposits and transferring money at all local and global ATMs spread across Malaysia.
Not only this, it also enables the customers to pay for purchases at stores including restaurants, grocery shops and gas station across the world. Also, they can make bill payments and enjoy banking activities where ATM cards are accepted. CIMB Debit Card services are directly linked with the checking account of the customers and all the money will be charged from that account. Customers can also make online payments via paypal and other e-commerce websites using their Visa or MasterCard debit card. So what are you waiting for? Start using your CIMB Bank debit card to make purchases online at millions of outlets and make deposits from over 7,000 CIMB ATMs.
CIMB Debit Card Benefits
- Privileges: A debit card holder of CIMB can get special offers on deals, events and activities with their friends and family members at retail outlets, malls and restaurants.
- Budgeting tool: The Debit card also enables the customer to keep a track of their spending.
- Convenience: Customers don’t have to visit the ATM again and again if they run out of cash. They just need to swipe the CIMB Debit MasterCard and the payment is made. However, payment for e-commerce, Internet, installment / recurring payment plan, or purchases via phone calls or mail cannot be made.
- Reward points: By spending RM2 the customer earns one debit Card Bonus Point and can redeem great gifts.
- Multi-functional: The CIMB Bank Debit Master Card is an ATM cum Debit card. Enjoy withdrawals at all local and global ATMs (via the MEPS or Cirrus network).
CIMB Debit Card Activation
If the customers have collected their debit card from a CIMB Bank branch, then the card is activated immediately to be used, whereas if the debit card is received by courier then they need to activate the card either by telephone or by SMS. Customers can also contact the nearest Branch Customer Service Officer for activation. Later, they can link their debit card to any current/savings account and use it for payment purposes at shopping malls, petrol pumps etc.
CIMB Debit Card Fees and Charges
Below are the fees and charges for using the CIMB Debit Master card
|Utility Bill Payments through ATMs||No charges|
|Manual Share Application through ATMs||No charges|
|Electronic Share Application (ESA)||RM2.50 per application|
|CIMB Bank Debit MasterCard Annual Fee||RM8|
|Replacement of CIMB Bank Debit MasterCard due to Loss of theft of card or Damage due to cardholder's misuse||RM12|
|Funds Transfer to member banks of MEPS Shared ATM Network||RM1 per transaction|
|Cash withdrawal at MEPS Overseas Shared ATM Network||RM10 per transaction|
|Cash withdrawal at CIRRUS and Plus ATM Network||RM10 per transaction|
|Cash withdrawal at MEPS Shared ATM Network in Malaysia||RM1 per transaction|
|Cash withdrawal at CIMB Bank ATM Network in Malaysia||No charges|
Customer should note that an annual fee of RM8.00 will be levied on the customer’s Current or Savings Account after one year from the date of issue of the card. Although, the spending limit of the Debit Card will depend on the available balance in the customer’s Current / Savings Account. The default limit is RM 1000.
CIMB Debit Card Promotion 2012
- CIMB Debit card promotes itself by giving 10 winners a trip for 2 to the glamorous New York plus RM10, 000 shopping money.
- Any one of the 10 winners will win a business class or executive class flight with VIP treatment, spending of 2 days and nights in a luxury hotel and more, throughout their stay.
- There is also a special grand prize and monthly prize for the winners.
- There is a scheme Buy 1 get 1 free, under which the customer gets one meal absolutely free on purchase of a meal from Burger King. This offer is subjected to 1,600 selected set meals only.
- CIMB Bank debit card holder can win two cinema tickets at the GSC or the Golden Screen cinemas.
CIMB Debit Card Rewards Redemption
Customers can redeem their accumulated reward points for various gifts like kitchen basics, kitchen aids, dining and storage, travel gear, health and life style and many more by browsing debit card rewards catalogue 2012 for selecting an ideal gift from array of choices. The rewards redemption request can be placed either by calling at call center number 1300 880 900, 1300 889 800, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by sending a fax at 603 – 2283 5302 or by mailing the comletely filled "Debit Card Gift Redemption Form" at following address.
CIMB Call Centre
10th Floor Menara Atlas, Plaza Pantai 5,
Jalan 4/83A off Jalan Pantai Baru
59200 Kuala Lumpur
CIMB Debit Card Customer Service
In order to report lost or stolen cards, file a complaint regarding cash dispensing or debit card charged twice you can contact CIMB Call Centre immediately at following phone numbers.
For ATM cards: 1 300 880 900 (Local) or +603 22956100 (International)
For Gold & Classic Cards: +603 62047788