SBI Railway Card
|State Bank of India in partnership with IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited) has come out with the SBI Railway Card. The card gives an opportunity to all the rail travelers to enjoy concessional railway tours. The card is designed by renowned cartoonist of India R K Laxman. By owning this card you can get 10% discount on booking an AC tier (except 3AC). The card also offers a complimentary Subha Yatra membership scheme to all the frequent travelers and also enables you to earn one railway points by spending Rs. 125 with the railway card. Once you have the SBI railway card with you then you will be able to save 1.8% on all your railway bookings that you make through the card. In addition to this, the card also provides a personal rail accident insurance of Rs. 10 lac in case of loss of life due to railway accident. You can also get an Add On card by just paying an annual of Rs. 250 only.
You only need to pay Rs 500 as annual fee for first year and Rs. 300 from the second year onwards. The eligibility conditions for the card are also simple. Any salaried individual whose salary is more than Rs 75000 per year can apply for this card. The minimum credit limit of this card is Rs200 per month or 5% of the available balance whichever is higher. Incase the credit limit of the card is exceeded then annual charges of 40.2% may be imposed on the card from the date of the transaction. The festive season is near and if you are planning for a holiday or visit your home for festival purpose apply for the railway card and start enjoying the privileges of the card.
SBI Railway Card Benefits
Following are the benefits of using the SBI Railway card:
- Worldwide Acceptance: The card can be used at more than 29 million outlets around the world and 3,25,000 outlets in India.
- 0% Fuel Surcharge: By using this card at any of the petrol stations or pumps you can get a fuel surcharge waiver by purchasing fuel amounting to Rs 500 and Rs. 3000.
- Cash on the Go: Cash can be withdrawn from more than 1.2 million VISA ATMs around the world including 18,000 ATMs in India.
- Utility Bill Payment Facility: With the help of SBI Railway credit card you can even pay all your utility bills like electricity, insurance and telephone bills.
- Balance Transfer on low interest rates: You can even transfer balance at low interest rates by giving the SBI IFSC code.
- Book your Railway Tickets Online: You can register yourself for free at the IRCTC website, login with your user id and password and start booking tickets.
- SBI Card Drop Box Locator: The SBI Railway credit card payment can also be done at your nearest drop box simply by sending an SMS by typing "PIN" <space> your 6 digit pin code xxxxxx and sending it to 56767.
SBI Railway Card Apply Online
If you want to use the SBI Railway card then you will have to apply online for the card. If you are a credit card holder of the SBI then you can apply for the railway card simply by entering your card number, mobile number and the secure code but if you are not a credit card holder then you will have to make an application process for the card The online application process is very easy, simple and can be done within few minutes. It is a two step process where in the first step you will be asked to enter some personal details like name, date of birth, qualification, email-id, gender, address and occupation type. In the second step you will be asked to accept the terms and conditions of the card and finally you have to submit it. You will be contacted within 24 business hours by the bank and will be informed about the application status of your card. You can also do n application tracking and check the status of your SBI Railway credit card by giving some important information like date of birth, application number and form number.
SBI Railway Card Helpline
If you face any difficulty regarding using the SBI Railway card then you can dial the helpline numbers 18001801295 or 39020202 and register all your complaints and queries. The customer care representatives of the bank are active 365 days a year and 24 hours a day to listen to all your queries and grievances. To claim for an accident insurance you can write to the below mentioned address:
ICICI Lombard General Insurance Co. Ltd.
Retail Claims Interface
Building No. 11
401, 402 4th Floor,
New Link Road Behind Goregaon Sports Club,
Malad (West )Mumbai : 400064
Last Updated On: 2012/09/13