Axis Bank Demat Account
|Axis Bank is the registered member with the NSDL. As per this system, the physical security holdings are converted to the electronic holdings. And the bank has been enrolled as a Depository Participant. One can avail all the depository-related services by just opening an account with NSDL through Axis Bank. Speed-e services are also offered by NSDL through which the demat account holders can submit the delivery instructions to the Axis Bank through a website called http://speed-e.nsdl.com and also the status of instructions can be viewed here. This account comes with great offers and best deals. So it will be the right option for people who want to get into trading and manipulating the shares and everything.
Axis Bank Demat Account Features
1. There are no account closing or opening charges.
2. One can also avail loan against shares.
3. One can access the holding and transaction statement of the demat account through internet services / website.
4. If already applied for the demat account, the application status can be checked online. The person has to just login on the website for the same.
5. Account can be kept frozen or blocked for the span of time desired. And no debits from the account would be made during that time.
6. All the details of the customer’s demat account can be reviewed on the phone, which is a 365 days service in a year and 24 hours a day.
7. At the customer’s request even the dematerialization and rematerialization of shares can take place that is to convert all the physical holdings to the electronic form and vice versa too.
8. A person can register for auto e-mailer services for getting holding and transaction statement on the registered mail id at the frequency defined i.e. either daily/weekly/monthly.
9. Even the bonus and rights can be credited to the demat account electronically. But the cash benefits like the dividends and interest are forwarded directly and not through the depository.
10. Transfer of shares and settlements have never been easy as it is under the depository system today. Only an instruction slip is required from the customer, it can be a delivery instruction slip, if selling securities, or it can be a receipt instruction slip if the customer is purchasing securities.
11. Brokerage Charges are Rs.5 per certificate subject to minimum of Rs.50 Per request. And Rs.50 per request as courier charges for mutual fund units.
To Apply: One can walk into any of the nearby Axis Bank’s branches and fill the application form for account opening or can apply online at the bank’s website.
The form can be downloaded from here.
Axis Bank Demat Account Customer Care
To access Phone Banking services from anywhere in India, from a Landline or Cell phone please dial any of the following 3 Toll Free Phone Banking Numbers 1800 233 5577, 1800 209 5577, 1800 103 5577. For any queries or complaints, please email at email@example.com. If someone wants to close off the account, he will have to fill a closure form on the website.
Last Updated On: 07/25/2012